Mike was taken to the police station 邁克被帶到警察局
and put in a room with another thief,an older man.并將在一個房間里與另一個小偷,一個年長的男人。
This man looked at Mike這個男人看著邁克
and said, " Why have they brought you here?" 和說,“為什么他們帶你來的?”
"I stole a small radio one day after my lessons," said Mike. “我偷了一個小收音機后一天功課,”麥克說。
The man laughed rudely at Mike. 那個人粗魯?shù)匦χ?邁克。
"You should steal something which is worth a lot “你應該偷東西值得很多
if you want to be a thief. 如果你想成為一個小偷。
You ought to steal something really valuable, 你應該偷東西很有價值,
which you can be proud of , 你可以驕傲的,
so that your name is put in the newspaper. 所以你的名字放在報紙上。
Go and steal a lot of money from a bank next time!" 去偷了很多錢從一個銀行下次!”
Mike thought for a few seconds and then said. 邁克想了幾秒鐘,然后說。
"I can't do that. " "Why can't you?"“我不能那樣做。”“你為什么不能呢?”
said the old thief. 老賊。
"Are you afraid?" "No." said Mike.“你害怕嗎?”“不。”麥克說。
"I am not afraid, but the banks all close at three o'clock,“我不害怕,但是銀行所有關閉3點鐘,
and my lessons don't finish till four. "和我的課沒有完成到四個。“
WORD BANK
station n.站;所
thief n.小偷;賊
steal/sti:l/v.偷,竊取;偷竊;
valuable adj.貴重的;
有價值的;頗有價值的 。
second n.秒;第=
finish n.完成
-v.結束