38 SPRING MORNING
|
三十八 春天的早晨
|
A. A. Milne
|
阿·亞·米爾恩
|
Where am I going ? I don't quite know. |
去到啥地方?我可說不上。 |
Down to the stream where the king-cups grow — |
去那小溪旁,驢蹄草兒長—— |
Up on the hill where the pine-trees blow — |
去那山崗上,滿山松濤響—— |
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know. |
啥地方,都一樣。我可沒主張。 |
Where am I going ? The clouds sail by, |
我去啥地方?云彩掛帆過, |
Little ones, baby ones, over the sky. |
小云彩,云寶寶,天上飄幾朵。 |
Where am I going ? The shadows pass, |
我去啥地方?影子穿梭來, |
Little ones, baby ones, over the grass. |
小影子,影寶寶,草地上一排排。 |
If you were a cloud, and sailed up there, |
假如你是片云彩,揚帆向那邊, |
You'd sail on water as blue as air, |
你就航行在水上,水似天空藍, |
And you'd see me here in the fields and say: |
你會瞧見我站在這兒野地里說: |
"Doesn't the sky look green today?" |
"今天的天空看來是不是綠顏色?" |
Where am I going? The high rooks call: |
我去啥地方?高個烏鴉大聲叫: |
"It's awful fun to be born at all. " |
"活在世上真正有趣得不得了。" |
Where am I going? The ring-doves coo: |
我去啥地方?斑尾林鴿咕咕叫: |
"We do have beautiful things to do. " |
"我們要干的美妙事情真不少。" |
If you were a bird, and lived on high, |
假如你是只小鳥,棲在高枝上, |
You'd lean on the wind when the wind came by, |
你就靠著吹來的風兒去飛翔, |
You'd say to the wind when it took you away: |
風兒帶你走,你會對著風兒講: |
"That's where I wanted to go today !" |
"那就是今兒我想去的好地方。" |
Where am I going? I don't quite know. |
去到啥地方?我可說不上。 |
What does it matter where people go ? |
人們?nèi)ツ膬翰欢家粋€樣? |
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow — |
去林中,風鈴草兒滿地長—— |
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know. |
啥地方,都一樣。我可沒主張。 |
|
屠 笛譯 |