Commute, "commute," can be both a noun and a verb. 通勤(commute)既可以作名詞,也可以作動詞。
It means to go from your house to your work. 它是從家里去上班的意思。
Usually, if you live a long distance from your work, you would say, "I have a long commute." 一般來說,如果你住的地方離工作地很遠,你會說,“我的通勤距離很長。”
Or, if you live close to work, you would have a short commute. 或者說,如果你住在工作地附近,那么你的通勤距離很短。
If it's a very long commute with lots of traffic, you might say, "I have a terrible commute" — a very bad commute. 如果通勤距離很長并且交通擁堵,你會說,“我的通勤很糟糕”。
The story begins by me saying that "I open my car door and throw my briefcase in the back seat." 故事開始,我說“我打開車門,把公文包扔到后座上”。
So, I open my front door — the door that we would call the driver's side, where the driver gets in, 因此,我打開前門——這個門就是我們所說的駕駛員側,駕駛員進車的地方,
and in an American car, that is on the left side. 美國汽車的駕駛員側在左邊。
Cars in Britain are on the right side, is the driver's side. 而英國汽車的駕駛員側在右邊。
So, I get into the left side in the front door. 因此,我從左邊的前門進入汽車。
If you have a car that has a back seat, you could have a two-door car or a four-door car. 如果你的車有后座,那么你的車要么是兩扇門的車,要么是四扇門的車。
Four doors means that you have separate doors for the back seat. 四扇車門意味著后座有單獨的門。
The seat, "seat," is what you sit in. 座位(seat)是你坐的地方。
So, the back seat is where people can sit behind you — behind the driver and behind the person next to the driver. 因此,后座是人們坐在你后面的地方——在駕駛員和駕駛員旁邊的人的后面。