Do you want to hear a funny joke?
你想聽個有趣的笑話嗎?
OK. Are you sure it's funny, though?
好啊,可是你確定它好笑嗚?
Well, you'll see.
你不妨聽聽看。
OK.
好。
OK, an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman were going on a trip across the desert, and they could only take one thing with them.
好,有一個英格蘭人、一個蘇格蘭人和一個愛爾蘭人要橫穿沙漠,而且每個人只能帶一樣東西。
I see.
我懂。
So they met up at the start of the journey and showed each other their equipment.
于是他們在行程的起點見面時,把自己帶的東西拿給其他人看。
Oh, that's funny!
噢,真好玩!
Hang on, I haven't finished yet.
等等,我還沒說完。
Oh, sorry.
噢,抱歉。
Well, as I was saying, they showed each other what they had decided to bring.
嗯,我說到他們把自己決定要帶的東西拿給其他人看。
The Englishman had brought some water.
英格蘭人帶了一些水,
"If we get thirsty, we'll have something to drink," he said.
他說:“假如我們口渴了,我們就有東西可以喝。”
The Scotsman brought a map. "If we get lost, we'll be able to find our way."蘇格蘭人帶了一張地圖:“假如我們迷路了,我們就可以靠它來找路。”
The Irishman had brought a car door.
愛爾蘭人則帶了一扇車門。
A car door? You mean just one car door?
車門?你是說一扇車門?
Yep. A car door.
沒錯,就是車門。
"Why the door?" the others asked him.
另外兩個人問他說:“為什么要帶車門?”
"Well," he said, “If it gets hot, we can open the window." Do you get it?
他說:“哦,假如天氣熱的話,我們就可以把車窗打開。”你聽懂了嗎?
Well…
哦……
學更多→→→ 英語高級口語對話