Introduction
天真之歌序詩
Piping down the valleys wild,
我吹著枚笛從荒谷走下來
Piping songs of pleasant glee,
吹著愉快歡欣的歌,
On a cloud I saw a child,
我看見云端上有一個小孩。
And he laughing said to me:
他樂呵呵地對我說。
'Pipe a song about a Lamb!'
吹一支小羔羊的歌吧:
So I piped with merry cheer.
我便吹得如癡如醉,
'Piper, pipe that song again.'
吹笛人再吹一遍吧——
So I piped: he wept to hear.
我就吹了,他聽著卻掉了淚。
'Drop thy pipe, thy happy pipe;
放下你的風笛,你美好的風笛
Sing thy songs of happy cheer!'
唱一些歡樂的曲調,
So I sung the same again,
我就又把它重新唱起,
While he wept with joy to hear.
他聽著、高興得眼淚直掉。
'Piper, sit thee down and write
吹笛人你坐下來寫點吧,
In a book, that all may read.'
寫成一本書讓大伙都讀到——
So he vanished from my sight;
他說完就消失在我眼前,
And I plucked a hollow reed,
我就摘了一根空心的蘆葦草。
And I made a rural pen,
我做成一枝鄉(xiāng)土味的筆,
And I stained the water clear,
我把它往清清的水里一蘸,
And I wrote my happy songs
我寫下我快樂的歌曲,
Every child may joy to hear.
孩子們個個都聽得喜歡。