LESSON 45 What the sparrow chirps
第四十五課 麻雀在叫什么
I'm only a little sparrow,
我只是一只小小的麻雀,
A bird of low degree;
一種很低級的鳥類;
My life is of little value,—
我的生命沒有價值,——
But there's One who cares for me.
但是有一個人很關心我。
He gave me a coat of feathers:
他給了我一身羽毛:
It is very plain, I know,
我知道,這只是很普通的羽毛,
With never a speck of crimson,
上面沒有紅斑,
For it was not made for show;
只因這并非用于展示;
But it keeps me warm in winter,
但是有了它,我冬天不再受冷,
And it shields me from the rain;
有了它,我雨天不再被淋;
Were it bordered with gold or purple,
黃色或紫色的羽毛,
Perhaps it would make me vain!
或許也無此等功用!
And now that the spring-time cometh.
既然春天已經來臨。
I will build me a little nest,
在我最喜歡的地方,
With many a chirp of pleasure,
我會為自己建一個小窩,
In the spot I like the best.
充滿歡樂的生活。
I have no barn or store-house,
我沒有谷倉或儲藏室,
I neither sow nor reap;
我也從來不播種,不收獲;
God gives me a sparrow's portion,
上帝讓我做一只麻雀,
But never a seed to keep.
卻并未賜予我種子。
If my meal is sometimes scanty,
如果我缺乏食物,
Close picking makes it sweet;
我會在附近覓食;
I have always enough to feed me,
我從不挨餓,
And "life is more than meat."
而且,“生活不僅僅是吃。”
I know there are many sparrows—all over the world we are found;but our heavenly Father knoweth,when one of us falls to the ground.
我知道,麻雀很多—— 隨處可見;但只有上帝知道我們的逝去。
Though small, we are never forgotten;
雖然渺小,我們卻從未被遺忘;
Though weak, we are never afraid:
雖然脆弱,我們卻不曾畏懼:
For we know there is One who keepeth,the life of the creatures He made.
因為我們知道,我們的生命屬于造物主。
I fly through the thickest forest,
我飛過最茂密的森林,
I light on many a spray;
我在許多家門前停落;
I have no chart nor compass,
我沒有地圖,也沒有指南針,
But I never lose my way.
但我從未迷路。
And I fold my wings at twilight,
黎明之際,我收起翅膀,
Wherever I happen to be;
無論此時的我身在何處;
For the Father is always watching,
因為上帝一直在旁觀望,
And no harm will come to me.
不會讓我受到傷害。