LESSON 47 The blind boy
第四十七課 盲眼男孩
Colley Cibber
考利·西伯
O say what is that thing call'd Light,
喂,這個我永遠不可享受的
Which I must ne'er enjoy;
名叫光的東西是啥;
What are the blessings of the sight,
視覺的幸福是什么,
O tell your poor blind boy!
告訴你可憐的盲童吧!
You talk of wondrous things you see,
你講到你所看見的各種奇妙事物,
You say the sun shines bright;
你說太陽照耀得明亮;
I feel him warm, but how can he
我感覺它溫暖,但是它如何
Or make it day or night?
能造成白晝和夜晚?
My day or night myself I make
我的白晝或夜晚是我自己造成,
Whene'er I sleep or play;
在我睡眠或游戲的時候;
And could I ever keep awake
我只要一直保持蘇醒,
With me 't were always day.
對我而言,總是白晝。
With heavy sighs I often hear
為著我不幸的災禍,
You mourn my hapless woe;
我常聽到你們沉重的悲嘆;
But sure with patience I can bear
但是我準能忍受得過
A loss I ne'er can know.
我永遠不會了解的遺憾。
Then let not what I cannot have
那就別讓我不能得到的東西
My cheer of mind destroy:
破壞我精神上的歡樂;
Whilst thus I sing, I am a king,
當我這樣歌唱時,我就是皇帝,
Although a poor blind boy.
雖然是可憐的盲童一個。