? 我身無分文。I'm flat broke.
對話 A: Do you want to go out and have fun tonight? 你今晚想出來玩嗎?
B: I'd like to, but I'm flat broke. 我倒是想去,但我身無分文。
? 越來越多的年輕人加入到了“月光族”的隊伍。More and more young people are joining in the army of“moonlight clan”.
? 我是個月光族,一分錢都沒法存下來。I run out of money every month. I cannot save a single penny.
對話 A: You are extravagant. 你太奢侈了。
B: I run out of money every month. I can not save a single penny. 我是個月光族,一分錢都沒法存下來。
? 我感覺入不敷出。I feel it's hard to make ends meet.
對話 A: How is your work? 工作怎么樣?
B: I've just got fired. I feel it's hard to make ends meet. 剛被解雇。我感覺入不敷出。
? 恐怕只有你肯借錢給我了。I'm afraid only you can still lend me money.
對話 A: I'm afraid only you can still lend me money. 恐怕只有你肯借錢給我了。
B: I won't anymore. 我也不會再借了。
? 你應該存點錢以備不時之需。You should save for a rainy day.
對話 A: You should save for a rainy day. 你應該存點錢以備不時之需。
B: You're right. 你說得對。
? 你在拆東墻補西墻。You are robbing Peter to pay Paul.
對話 A: I'll use this credit card to pay off my bills incurred by another credit card. 我會用這張信用卡來償還另一張信用卡欠的賬單。
B: You are robbing Peter to pay Paul. 你在拆東墻補西墻。
? 你花起錢來毫無節(jié)制。You spend money as if it were going out of style.
同類表達 You spend money as if there was a hole in your pocket. 你花錢如流水啊。
? 口袋里不要總是留不住錢。Don't let it burn a hole in your pocket.
同類表達 I'm sure he'll spend all his money in a few days. 我敢說,沒幾天他便會把錢花光。
? 我手頭有點緊,付不起賬單。I'm a little behind on my bills.
同類表達 I'm a bit hard up lately. 最近手頭有點緊。
Money is a bit tight for me lately. 最近手頭有點緊。