Unit 21 In the Restaurant
在餐廳
You’re welcome.
Full
滿座
'm sorry.We're full now.Would you mind waiting for a while?
對不起,已經滿座了,您能等一會兒嗎?
'm afraid the restaurant is full now.
恐怕現在酒店已經滿座了。
You have to wait for about twenty minutes.
您得等大概20分鐘。
Suggestion
提議
Would you care to have a drink at the lounge first?
您介意先到休息室喝一杯嗎?
Would you wait at the bar until there is a free table?
您先在吧臺等一會兒,直到有空桌子好嗎?
Questions about the seats
詢問座位偏好
Would you prefer a quiet corner?
您偏好安靜的角落嗎?
Would you like a seat near the window?
你喜歡靠窗的座位嗎?
Would you like a seat with a harbor view?
您喜歡能看到海港景色的座位嗎?
Where would you prefer to sit,sir?
先生,您愿意坐在哪兒?
Guiding
帶領客人入座
Would you come step this way,please?
請往這邊走。
May I show you your table?
我?guī)阶雷尤?,好嗎?br />
Please take a seat,sir.
先生,請坐。
About the dishes
關于飯菜
like specialties.
我喜歡風味菜。
Are you ready to order now,sir?
先生,您準備好點菜了嗎?
Would you like anything to start with?
您想先吃點什么?
Anything to drink?
要喝點什么嗎?
What are your specialties for lunch today
今天你們這兒有什么特色菜嗎?
What are the specialties of the restaurant?
這家飯店的特色菜是什么?
The chicken curry with rice is very good.
咖喱雞飯味道好極了。
'd like to try the beef,please.
請給我來點牛肉。
Would you like it rare,medium,or well done?
您喜歡半熟的,中等熟的,還是熟透的?
'm full
吃飽了
'm afraid I can't eat any more.
恐怕我不能再吃了。
No,thank you.I'm getting full.
不,謝謝。我吃飽了。
Paying for the bill
付賬
May I have the bill,please?
請把賬單給我好嗎?
t's my treat this time.
這次我請客。
Let's go Dutch this time.
這次我們各自付賬。
Let's split the dinner check.
我們對半付賬吧。
Conversations
會話
Dialogue 1
What can I do for you,sir?
先生,您要來點什么?
What have you got this morning?
今天早上你們這兒有什么?
Fruit juice,cakes and refreshments,and everything.
水果汁、糕點、各種茶點等等,應有盡有。
'd like to have a glass of tomato juice,please,
請給我來一杯西紅柿汁。
Any cereal,sir?
要求點谷類食品嗎,先生?
Yes,a dish of cream of wheat.
好的,來一份奶油麥片粥。
And eggs?
還要來點雞蛋什么的嗎?
Yes,bacon and eggs with buttered toast.
要,再來一份熏豬肉,雞蛋,和黃油吐司。
like my bacon very crisp.
我喜歡熏豬肉松脆一點。
How do you want your eggs?
您喜歡雞蛋怎么做?
Fried,please.
煎的。
Anything more,sir?
還要什么別的東西嗎,先生?
No, that's enough.Thank you.
不要了,足夠了。謝謝。
Dialogue 2
Do you have a reservation,sir?
請問您訂位了嗎,先生?
No,I am afraid we don't.
恐怕沒有。
'm sorry.The restaurant is full now.
很抱歉,餐廳已經滿座了。
You have to wait for about half an hour.
大約要等30分鐘才會有空桌。
Would you care to have a drink at the lounge until a table is available?
你們介意在休息室喝點東西直至有空桌嗎?
No,thanks.We'll come back later.May I reserve a table for two?
不用了,謝謝。我們等一會兒再來??梢灶A定一張兩人桌嗎?
Yes,of course.May I have your name,sir?
當然可以。請問先生貴姓?
Bruce.By the way.Can we have a table by the window?
布魯斯。順便,我們可以要一張靠近窗口的桌子嗎?
We'll try to arrange it but I can't guarantee,sir.
我們會盡量安排,但不能保證,先生。
That's fine.
我們明白了。
You table is ready,sir.Please step this way.
你們的桌子已經準備好了,先生。請往這邊走。
Dialogue 3
Waiter,a table for two,please.
服務生,請給我一張兩人的桌子。
Yes,this way please.
好的,請跟我來。
Can we see the menu,please?
能讓我們看一看菜單好嗎?
Here you are.
給您。
What's good today?
今天有什么好吃的?
recommand crispy and fried duck.
我推薦香酥鴨。
We don't want that.
我們不想吃香酥鴨。
Well,perhaps we'll begin with mushroom soup,
或許我們可以先喝蘑菇湯,
and follow by some seafood and ships.
然后再要點海鮮和土豆條。
Do you want any dessert?
要甜品嗎?
No dessert,thanks.Just coffee.
不,謝謝??Х染托辛?。
Can I have the check,please?
結賬。
Let's split this.
我們一人付一半吧。
No,it's my treat tonight.
不,今天我請客。
Cash or charge?
現金還是記賬?
Charge,please.Put it on my American Express.
記賬。請記入我的“美國運通信用卡”賬號。
Dialogue 4
Good morning.Can I help you?
早上好。有什么能效勞的嗎?
want an American breakfast with fried eggs,sunny side up.
我想要一份美式早餐,要單面煎的雞蛋。
What kind of juice do you prefer,sir?
您想要哪種果汁呢?
Grapefruit juice and please make my coffee very strong.
柚子汁,還有,我要杯很濃的咖啡。
Yes,sir.American breakfast with fried eggs,
好的,一份美式早餐,要單面煎的雞蛋、
sunny side up,grapefruit juiceand a black coffee.Am I correct,sir?
柚子汁和一杯清咖啡,對嗎?
Yes,that's right.
是的。
s there any thing else,sir?
還有什么嗎?先生?
No,that's all.
沒有了,就這些。
Good morning,sir.I've brought the breakfast you ordered.
早上好,先生。您要的早餐送來了。
Just put it on the table,please.
請放在桌上。
Do you need anything else,sir?
先生,還有其他需要嗎?
No,thanks.Ah,yes!Can I have some more juice for the minbar?
沒有,謝謝。啊,可否放一些果汁在冰箱里?
What kind of juice would you like,sir?
哪種果汁呢,先生?
Tomato,orange and apple juice,please.
番茄汁、橙汁及蘋果汁。
Yes,sir.I'll get them for you right away.
好的,先生。我立刻去給您拿來。
Would you please sign this bill first?Thank you,sir.
麻煩您先簽了這張賬單好嗎?謝謝您,先生。
Dialogue 5
Oh,I'm starving.I'd like to try some real Chinese cuisine.
啊,我快餓死啦。我想嘗點真正的中國菜。
What would you recommend,waiter?
您給我推薦什么呢,服務生?
Well,it depends.You see,there are eight famous Chinese cuisines:
那要看情況了。您知道,中國有八大菜系。
or instance,the Sichuan cuisine,and the Hunan cuisine.
比方說,川菜、湘菜。
They are both spicy hot,I've heard.
我聽說這兩種都很辣。
That's right.If you like hot dishes,you could try some.
對。您要是愛吃辣的,可以試試。
They might be too hot for me.
對我來說可能太辣了點。
Then there's the Cantonese cuisine and the Jiangsu cuisine.
還有粵菜和江蘇菜。
Most southerners like them.
大多南方人都愛吃。
What about any special Beijing dishes?
有什么特別的北京風味菜嗎?
There's the Beijing roast duck.
有北京烤鴨。
Oh,yes.I've heard a lot about it.I'd like very much to try it.
啊,對了,聽說過多次了。我很想試一試。
Where can I find it?
在哪兒能吃到呢?
You can find it in most restaurants,
大多數飯店都有烤鴨,
but the best place is certainly Quanjude Restaurant.
可是最好的當然還是全聚德烤鴨店了。
s it near here?
離這兒近嗎?
Not too near but not too far either.
不太近也不算遠。
A taxi will take you there in 15 minutes,
乘出租車15分鐘就能到,
f the traffic is not too bad,I mean.
我是說,要是堵車不厲害的話。
Well,thank you for your information.
好,多謝您的指點。
But what is the name of that restaurant again?
請您再說一下那個飯館的名字好嗎?
Let me write it down on this slip of paper for you.
我來給您寫在這張紙片止。
You can show it to the taxi-driver.
您可以拿給出租車司機看。
That's very kind of you.Thank a lot.
您真是太好了!多謝多謝。