今天的這段對話,在討論邁阿密,
說一說邁阿密的情況,邁阿密最吸引人的是什么
來聽今天的講解:
A: So, hello, Alexandra.
Alexandra,你好。
B: Hi, how are you?
嗨,最近怎么樣?
A: I'm doing good. Now B, you're from Miami.
不錯。你來自邁阿密?
B: Yes, I am.
是的。
A: OK, so why don't you tell us about Miami.
好的,那你跟我說說邁阿密吧。
B: Born and raised in Miami, and it's very warm, very warm. Lots of different people. It seems to be the port of Central and South America, so there's several different people from different countries coming through, as well as from Europe and some parts of the North of the United States come down for a visit and it's a tourist destination.
我生長在邁阿密,那兒非常非常暖和。還有很多不同的人種。它貌似是中美洲和南美洲的港口,所以會有很多來自不同國家的不同人種經(jīng)過此地,而且還會有歐洲和北美的一些人去那兒參觀。那還是個旅游勝地。
A: Wow, were you born in Miami?
哇,你出生在邁阿密嗎?
B: Yes
是的。
A: Really!
真的呀!
B: Yes, I was.
是的。
A: And you lived your whole life there?
你一直都住在那兒?
B: Yep, yeah, yeah.
對對對。
A: That's cool, what's the best thing about Miami?
那不錯啊,邁阿密最吸引人的是什么???
B: The weather obviously, weather and the nearness to the ocean. Everything you can think of that can be done on the ocean, you can find a way to do it there.
很顯然是氣候。還有隔海很近。凡是你能想到在海上做的事兒,在那兒都能做。
A: Oh, nice, so what water sports do you play?
哦,不錯,那你都玩什么水上運動啊?
B: There's water volleyball, and do some skiing, and diving, and also during season you can go and catch lobster down in the keys.
有水上排球,滑水,潛水,有龍蝦的時候你還可以去一些地方抓龍蝦。
A: Really
真的嗎?
B: Yes, so it can be fun.
對呀,特別有趣。
A: That's so cool. So you catch the lobster and eat it that night?
那很不錯啊。你可以白天捉了龍蝦,當天晚上就可以享用了?
B: Yes. Yes. Absolutely. So you just go get the lobster out of the traps, take the upstairs to the boat, so to speak, and just throw them in a pot, and you're gonna have dinner in no time.
是的是的,當然。你就從洞里挖出龍蝦,再上樓拿到船上,也就是說,你直接把龍蝦扔到鍋里就可以直接吃晚飯了。
A: You don't eat them on the boat do you?
你們不會在船上吃龍蝦吧?
B: You can.
你可以的。
A: Really! People eat the lobsters on the boat?
真的?!人們都在船上吃龍蝦嗎?
B: Yeah, you can.
對呀,你也可以。
A: Wow. Are they dangerous? I mean, cause they can snip your fingers.
哇,不危險嗎?我的意思是龍蝦會劃到手指。
B: Well, you don't, you make sure you catch them in the right, hold them from the tail end and people usually put rubber bands around the claws, and you can just throw them into boiling water, get your butter out and you're good to go.
哦,你不必擔心。你要確保你抓著它的右爪,握著它的尾端。而且人們通常會用橡皮筋纏住它們的爪子,然后直接扔進沸水里,取出的時候放點黃油,然后你就可以美美地享用了。