今天的這段對話,在討論同性戀酒吧,
你怎么看待同性戀酒吧?會感到恐懼嗎
來聽今天的講解:
A: We have to pick up Conrad before the party.
我們在派對開始前要去接康瑞德。
B: Alright, no problem.
好的,沒問題。
A: We're supposed to meet him at Cal's Bar at 10:00,but he said he might be a little late. So maybe we'll have a drink there.
我們約好十點在凱爾酒吧碰面,但是他說可能會晚一點,所以我們可以在那兒喝一杯。
B: Wait a minute. Cal's bar?
等等,凱爾酒吧?
A: Yes.
是的。
B: That's a gay bar.
那是同性戀酒吧。
A: Yes, it is. Conrad is gay. Didn't you know?
是的??等鸬率峭詰?,你不知道嗎?
B: I thought he was maybe gay, but I wasn't sure.Anyhow, you don't expect me to go into a gay bar, do you?
我想他可能是同性戀,但是不確定。不管怎么說,你要我去同性戀酒吧嗎?
A: Why not? We're supposed to meet him there.
為何不?我們約在那兒碰面的。
B: Why doesn't he meet us outside?
為什么不在外頭碰面?
A: Why should he do that? It isn't illegal for us to go in.
為何他要那么做?我們進去又不違法。
B: Yeah, but who wants to go in?I'm not gay, you know. Why should I go in a gay bar?
沒錯。但是誰要進去?我不是同性戀,為何要去同性戀酒吧?
A: You sound like you're afraid.
聽起來你好像很害怕。
B: I just wouldn't be comfortable.
我只是會很不自在。
A: You've never been in a gay bar before?
你以前沒去過同性戀酒吧嗎?
B: No, never.
從來沒有。
A: But it's just a bar. There's no danger.You shouldn't be so homophobic.
只是酒吧,不會危險的。你不要對同性戀這么恐懼。
B: Well...
嗯……
A: Listen. If you refuse to go in, Conrad will be offended.You don't hate gay people, do you?
聽好,如果你拒絕進去,你將會冒犯到康瑞德。你又不討厭同性戀,不是嗎?
B: No, I don't. But I never went into a gay bar before.
是的,我不討厭。但是我從來沒去過同性戀酒吧。
A: Don't worry about it. There is nothing strange about it.If Conrad's there, we'll leave for the party.If he's not, we'll sit down and have a drink.
別擔心,沒什么好奇怪的。如果康瑞德到了,我們就去派對。如果還沒,我們就坐下來喝杯酒。
B: Okay. I will try it.I suppose it isn't reasonable for me to refuse to go in.After all, gay people aren't afraid to go into normal bars.
好,我試試看。我想我沒理由拒絕進去。畢竟同性戀者不會害怕去一般的酒吧。
A: I'm glad you feel that way.We'll leave in about ten minutes, alright?
我很高興你那么想。我們十分鐘后離開好嗎?
B: Fine.
好的。