今天的這段對話,在討論遲到的借口,
這次遲到的借口是什么?為什么其他人不相信了
來聽今天的講解:
A: Sorry, I didn't mean to be late. Can I come in?
抱歉,我不是故意遲到的。我能進來嗎?
B: What's your excuse this time?
你這次的借口是什么?
A: Have I used the one that my sister is sick?
我說過我妹妹生病這個理由了嗎?
B: Yes, twice last week.
是的,你上周說過兩次了。
A: Are you sure? I thought I said it was my mother.
您肯定嗎?我覺得我說的是我媽媽生病了。
B: I don't think so. But it could've been.
我可不這么認為,不過也許是吧。
A: Well, you can trust me this time. My sister is definitely sick. I'm just coming from the hospital. They said she might even die.
這次您可以相信我,我妹妹真的病了。我剛從醫(yī)院回來,他們說她有生命危險。
B: I don't buy your story. Try not to have any more sick relatives this week, all right?
我才不相信你的鬼話呢,這周盡量不要再有其他的親戚生病了好嗎?
A: I'll do my best.
我盡力吧。
B: Just try to be a little more punctual in the future.
以后要準時點兒。
A: I'm working on it. Really.
我正在努力呢,真的。