Old Black Joe 老黑喬
by Stephen C. Foster
(1)
Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;那些心頭年輕、無憂無慮的日子已離我遠去
Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;我的伙伴也離開了棉花田
Gone from the earth to a better land I know,離開這里到一個更好的地方,我知道
I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!" 我聽見他們?nèi)崧暫魡?br />
(Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low;?老黑喬!?(反復)
I hear their gentle voices calling,我來了,我來了,因為我的頭漸漸低垂;
"Old Black Joe!" 我聽見他們?nèi)崧暫魡?老黑喬!?
(2)
Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain? 我為何哭泣,我心并不悲傷?
Why do I sigh that my friends come not again? 我為何要嘆息伙伴不復來?
Grieving for forms now departed long ago,只為懷念早已逝去的人,
I hear their gentle voices calling,我聽見他們?nèi)崧暫魡?br />
"Old Black Joe!"?老黑喬!?
(3)
Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free? 昔日快樂無羈的人們,如今安在?
The children so dear that I held upon my knee? 還有,我抱在膝上可愛的小家伙?
Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,他們都已到了我靈魂所渴望去的海岸,
I hear their gentle voices calling,我聽見他們?nèi)崧暫魡?br />
"Old Black Joe!"?老黑喬!?