Luis: So, how are the newlywedsdoing?
那么,你們這對新婚夫婦怎么樣?
Stevie: Oh, we’re great. I’m just a little tired.
哦,我們很棒。我只是有點累了。
Luis: Well, that goes with the territory, right?
那和活動范圍有關,對嗎?
Stevie: No, that’s not what I mean. Patrick has been keeping me up with his snoring.
不,那不是我的意思。Patrick的鼾聲一直讓我睡不著覺。
Luis: Oh, that’s a bummer.
哦,這真是不愉快的經(jīng)歷。
Stevie: Yeah, it really is. I’m usually awakened soon after I fall asleep, and then I toss and turn all night. That’s not all. Patrick also talks in his sleep.
是的,這真的是。通常我睡著了或會很快驚醒,然后我輾轉反側了一夜。這還不是全部。帕特里克還說夢話。
Luis: Wow, that’s terrible. I’d make a beeline for some sleeping pills, if I were you.
哇,這太可怕了。如果我是你。我會直接吃些安眠藥,
Stevie: I took some one night last week, but I woke up groggy and disoriented. I’d rather haveinsomnia than load up on drugs.
我上周有天晚上吃了些,但我醒來時昏昏沉沉的且暈頭轉向。我寧愿失眠也不愿意吃藥。
Luis: Have you tried waking him up when he snores or talks in his sleep?
當他打鼾或在他的睡眠說夢話時,你試圖喚醒他了嗎?
Stevie: I tried that one night, but he just ended up sleepwalking!
有天晚上我試了下,但他最后起來夢游!
Luis: Geez, what are you going to do?
吉茲,你打算怎么辦?
Stevie: I wish I knew.
我希望我知道。
Luis: It’s a little early in your marriage for separate bedrooms, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
剛結婚就有獨立的臥室為時尚早,但我不排除這種可能性。
Stevie: I’ll keep it in mind. If I don’t get a good night’s sleep soon, separate bedrooms will be the least of our problems!
我會記住的。如果我不能短期內晚上睡得好,我會找間獨立的臥室來解決問題!
newlywed n. 新婚的人 fall asleep 睡覺 talk in his sleep 說夢話 make a beeline 取捷徑, 走直路 insomnia n. 不眠癥 load up on v.大量攝入 rule it out 排除可能性 keep in mind 記住