太多債務
John was aggravated about his many debts.
約翰被眾多債務纏得焦頭爛額。
"Henry," he confided to his best friend. "I can't sleepanymore because I am so worried about finances."
“亨利,”他對自己最好的朋友傾訴說,“我為自己的財務狀況焦慮得睡不著覺了。”
"Sorry, buddy," answered Henry, "but I can't help you in that department. You already owe me$800."
“很抱歉,老伙計,”亨利答道,“在這個問題上我?guī)筒簧厦α耍氵€欠我800塊錢呢。”
"I wasn't going to ask you again. Don't worry."
“我不是又來找你借錢的,別擔心。”
"I can't understand why you are in this situation. You have a good, steady job."
“我真不明白你怎么會把自己搞成這樣。你的工作很不錯,又穩(wěn)定。”
"I know, but I owe money to the food market, the department stores, the liquor store, thelandlady and you."
“我也知道,不過我在食品店、商場、酒店都有欠賬,我還欠房東太太,還有你的錢。”
"Why don't you pay off one debt at a time?"
“你為什么不一次付清一筆債務呢?”
"I would if I could, but if I don't have some money by tomorrow--I'll really be in a big jam."
“我能的話一定會的,不過明天我要是沒有點兒錢的話,我可就要有大麻煩了。”
"You owe the government back taxes?"
“你欠政府稅款嗎?”
"No, I don't have enough money to bet on the horse races tomorrow."
“不是的,是明天我沒有足夠的錢賭馬了。”