M:要來一塊蛋糕嗎?
F:No,thank you. I'm on a diet.
F:不,謝謝。我在節(jié)食。
M:Why? You're not fat.
M:為什么?你又不胖。
F:I'm considering entering for the beauty contest this summer, so I must have a slender figure.
F:我想?yún)⒓咏衲晗奶斓倪x美比賽,所以我得有一個苗條的身材。
M:Women of all shapes would be beautiful if they are self-confident.
M:只要有自信,各種體形的女人都很美。
F:I'm afraid the judges do not think so. All the beauty contests are for slim girls only.
F:恐怕評委不這么想。所有的選美比賽都只為苗條的女孩敞開大門。
M:Well. There's a beauty contest in Thailand just for fat beauties.
M:泰國有一個選美比賽是專門為胖美人們而設的。
F:How much do they weigh?
F:她們有多重?
M:All the beauties who entered the contest were over 80kg.
M:所有的參賽選手都超過80公斤。
F:But I'm not fat enough to enter that contest.
F:但我不夠胖,參加不了那個比賽。
重點詞匯
enter for報名參加
to enter for an examination報名參加考試
beauty contest選美比賽
Yes. I have to prepare for the beauty contest next week.是啊.我要為下周的選美比賽做準備.
slender苗條的
She was slender, with delicate wrists and ankles.她身材苗條,有著纖細的手腕和腳踝。
shape體形
...little pens in the shape of baseball bats.…棒球球棒形狀的小鋼筆。
self-confident自信的
She'd blossomed into a self-confident young woman.她已出落成一個自信的年輕女性。