第10章
He's Just Not That Into You If He's Married (andOther Insane Variations of Being Unavailable)
如果他結婚了(或者有其它離譜的得不到的理由)那他只是沒那么喜歡你
If You're Not Able to Love Freely, It's Not Really Love
如果你無法自由去愛,那就不是真愛
This is going to be controversial, but I am going tosay it anyway.
這會導致爭議,但是我無論如何都要這么說。
No matter how powerful and real your feelings may be for someone, if that person cannot fullyand honestly return them and therefore actively love you back, these feelings mean nothing.
不管你對一個人的感情多么濃烈真實,如果這個人無法全心全意的回報然后積極的愛你,那這些感情什么都不是。
Sure, they may feel powerful, deep, mythic in scope and proportion.
當然了,也許它們在范圍和比例上感覺強烈、深厚、如同神話般。
You may "never ever have felt this way before."
你也許“從未有過如此感受。”
But who cares? If the person you "love" (and I make air-quote with my fingers) cannot freelyspend his days thinking about you and being with you, it's not real love.
但是誰在乎呢?如果你“愛”的人(我做了個手指在空中比兔子耳朵的動作)無法自由的花時間去想念你和你在一起,那就不是真愛。
The "But His Wife Is Such a Bitch" Excuse
“但是他的妻子是個婊子”的借口
Dear Greg,
親愛的格雷格,
I'm dating my married boss. We've kept it on the down-low so no one will find out about it.
我正在跟我的已婚老板約會。我們很低調,所以別人不會發(fā)覺。
I really, really love him, and he loves me.
我真的真的很愛他,他也愛我。
I know it's wrong to date a married man, but his wife is so awful to him.
我知道跟一個已婚男人在一起是錯誤的,但是他的妻子待他很壞。
She calls him names and tells him that he's stupid.
她叫他的名字說他蠢。
They never have sex. He tells me that I'm the only thing keeping him going.
他們從不做愛。他告訴我我是唯一讓他堅持下去的存在。
How can I leave him when he's going through such a hard time and I love him so much?
在他經歷如此困難時期而我又如此愛他的情況下,我怎能離他而去?
Signed Blaire
布萊爾