親愛的Annie:
I've been dating "Josh" for just over a month.
我和Josh已經約會一個多月了。
We were instant friends and started off our romance slowly.
我們一下子就成了朋友,慢慢地就開始曖昧。
He lives two hours away and sees me on weekends.
他住的地方離我這兒大概要兩個小時,而他每周都會來看我。
This past weekend, Josh told me he is falling in love and wants me to move in with him.
就在上周,Josh告訴我,他愛上我了,想讓我搬去和他住。
Here's the problem.
問題就出在這兒了。
Last night, he said that although he loves me, he is so accustomed to being single that heisn't sure he'll be able to refuse if a woman tempts him.
昨晚,他說盡管他已經愛上我了,但他已經習慣了一個人,所以并不能確定如果有人來誘惑他,他能不能抵擋的住。
I was devastated.
我崩潰了。
I told him everyone has to fight temptation, but he has to think I'm worth it.
我告訴他每個人都必須抵制誘惑,但他要相信我是值得讓他這么做的人。
I don't want to stay with a man who says he loves me, but could be with someone elsewhenever he gets the urge.
我不想和一個整天說愛我卻抵制不住別人誘惑的人在一起。
Should I walk away before I am so far in that I can't leave?
在還沒到不能離開他的時候我是不是應該選擇離開?
I'm hurt, mad and surprised all at the same time. - Not Whimsical in Alabama
我既痛苦又瘋狂又意外。我不是在異想天開啊。
Dear Alabama:
親愛的Alabama:
Josh is telling you in advance that he's going to cheat and he thinks he's giving you a plausibleexcuse to accept it.
Josh是在提前告訴你,他會欺騙你,而且他還為那個謊言做出了個合理的解釋。
Tell him it's been fun, but you need a more stable, committed relationship than what he isoffering.
告訴他你們在一起的時光很有趣,但你需要的是一個更穩(wěn)定更充實的戀愛關系,而非他現在所提供的的這些。
And, by the way, moving in after a month of dating is not "taking it slowly."
對了順便說一下,在一個月的約會之后就搬到一起絕不是“慢慢來”。