戴拉蒙德:嗨,珍。你今天看起來很高興。
Jean:Hi Diarmuid.
珍:嗨,戴拉蒙德。
I am in a very good mood today.
我今天心情很好。
Diarmuid:Why's that then?
戴拉蒙德:怎么了?
Jean:Well, I've had some good news.
珍:哦,我有些好消息。
Diarmuid:Really, what's happened?
戴拉蒙德:真的,發(fā)生什么了?
Jean:I've been given a promotion and a pay rise.
珍:我得到了晉升和加薪。
Diarmuid:Result!
戴拉蒙德:結果!
Jean:Sorry?
珍:對不起?
Diarmuid:I said… result!
戴拉蒙德:我說…結果!
Jean:Result?
珍:結果?
Diarmuid:That's right, result. R.E.S.U.L.T.
戴拉蒙德:沒錯,就是結果。R e s u l t。
We can use it when we get some good news.
當我們有些好消息的時候就可以用它。
Jean:But why do we use this when we get good news?
珍:可是當我們有好消息為什么用這個?
A result could be good or bad.
一個結果可能是或好或壞。
Diarmuid:Very true Jean.
戴拉蒙德:完全正確,珍。
A result could be a good result or a bad result, that's why we need to use intonation when weuse this word in this way.
一個結果可能或好或壞,這就是為什么我們以這種方式使用這個詞的時候需要使用語調。
Jean:So you need to say result with a particular intonation?
珍:那照你所說要結果與特定的語調相關?
Diarmuid:Yes, you need to say it in such a way that you sound excited and happy.
戴拉蒙德:是的,你需要以這樣一種方式來表達你聽起來興奮和快樂。
Let's hear some examples:
讓我們聽一些例子: