I wasn't expecting anyone.
我沒想到有人會來
I thought you went back to Boston.
我以為你回波士頓了
I did. I flew back to talk to you.
是的 我飛回來跟你談談
Oh! Well, you could've called.
你可以打電話啊
My boss has this thing about how it's harder
我的上司認為當面拒絕
to say no in person.
比較困難
This is about the book.
是關于那本書
Drink?
來點嗎
No, thank you.
不 謝了
They won't take back the advance.
他們不會收回預付款
Ah! So they are mad.
所以他們生氣了
N-not mad.
不是生氣
They just loved "Ostinato."
他們只是很喜歡《固定音型》
Well, it made them money.
讓他們賺了不少
It made them feel things.
讓他們有所共鳴
It's a really good book, Ezra
那本書真的很棒 以斯拉
And I am not just saying that to flatter you. It is.
我不是為了恭維你 真的很棒
I promise you they are not going to love the follow-up.
我保證他們不會喜歡續(xù)篇的
That's it? That's the book?'
就是這個嗎 這就是那本書嗎
It's as far as I got.
我寫到這里
Can I look at it?
我能看看嗎
Hey, first draft is a first draft.
只是初稿而已