https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你了解世界各國的身體語言嗎.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論身體語言,
你了解世界各國的身體語言嗎
來聽今天的講解:
A: Matthew, do you know much about body language in countries around the world?
馬修,你了解世界各國的身體語言嗎?
B: sure, I’ve picked up a few things from travelling around for work. Why?
當然。我工作中有很多出差的機會,了解到一些這方面的知識。怎么了?
A: well, I had a meeting today with a woman from Japan and she wouldn’t stop bowing! I didn’t know what to do!
好哎,我今天參加了一個會議,會上有個日本女子總是不停地鞠躬?我不知道該怎么辦!
B: did you bow back?
你鞠躬了嗎
A: no, I tried to shake her hand, but her hand was so limp I was a bit offended.
不,我試著和她握手,但她的手太軟了,我有點生氣。
B: well, Japanese businessmen and women typically bow to greet each other in Japan. She might have been offended by your strong handshake.
哦,在日本,談生意的人無論男女一般都會互相鞠躬致意。你握手那么用力踏很可能因此而有點不愉快。
A: but she was in America! Shouldn’t she have known that strong handshakes in America signify confidence and respect?
但她這是在美國!難道她不知道,在美國用力握手意味著信任和尊重嗎?
B: things are different in Japan. You know, in some countries, making eye contact with others is considered rude.
這跟日本的習俗完全不同。你知道嗎,在有些國家,直視對方的眼睛被認為是無理的舉動。
A: is that why she wouldn’t look at me in the meeting?
這就是她為什么在開會時一直不看我的原因吧?
B: I think it’s highly possible, yes.
我覺得很可能是這個緣故。
A: the meeting really didn’t go down well at all. I think I need to read up about intercultural communication before I have another meeting with someone from another country.
這次的會晤進行得非常不順利。我想下次再出席類似這樣有外國人參加的會議之前,一定要熟知一些有關(guān)跨文化交流方面的知識。
B: that’s a good idea. When you don’t know much about other cultures, the simplest thing can offend someone.
這是個好主意。當你對另一種文化缺乏了解的時候,即使是最簡單的舉止也會冒犯到別人。
A: that’s so true. It’s great that we see eye to eye on this.
一點沒錯。真高興咱倆對這件事情看法一致。