你穿什么去參加晚會?
Hiro: Your guess is as good as mine.
你的猜測是和我一樣好。
Ellen: Let’s look through your closet and I’ll help youpick something out.
讓我們來看看你的衣柜里有什么,我會幫你挑衣服。
Hiro: Okay, but I have to warn you. I have a pretty limited wardrobe.
好吧,但我要提醒你。我的衣柜相當有限。
Ellen: Let’s see, these black pants are nice, but they’re frayed on the bottom. How about thesejeans?
讓我們來看看,這些黑色的褲子都很漂亮,但他們在底部都磨破了。這些牛仔褲怎么樣?
Hiro: You don’t think they’re too faded? There’s also a rip in the back.
你不覺得牛仔褲太褪色太厲害了嗎?后面有個地方破了。
Ellen: No, I guess those jeans won’t work. I like this shirt, though.
不,我想這些牛仔褲不行,但我喜歡這件襯衫。
Hiro: Did you see the stain on the front? The zipper is also stuck, I think.
你有沒有看到前面的污點嗎?我認為拉鏈也被卡住了。
Ellen: How about shoes? Do you have any shoes that are presentable?
鞋如何?你有什么像樣的鞋嗎?
Hiro: Well, I always wear these, but they’re scuffed on the top and the sole is pretty worn.
嗯,我總是穿這些,但鞋前部磨損了,鞋底也壞了。
Ellen: Okay, desperate times call for desperate measures. Come on!
好吧,但非常時期必須采取非常措施。來吧!
Hiro: Where are we going?
我們?nèi)ツ膬?
Ellen: We’re going to a magical place with brand spanking new clothes and where everything isflawless.
我們要去一個神奇的地方,那里有許多嶄新的品牌衣服,一切都無可挑剔。
Hiro: Where’s that?
在哪里?
Ellen: The mall!
商場!