“他只是需要一個更好的榜樣”的借口
Dear Greg, You're so dumb.
親愛的格雷格,你太傻了。
My boyfriend, you know, the music video director?
你知道我那個音樂電視導演的男友么?
He says he doesn't believe in marriage.
他說他不相信婚姻。
But I know it's because of his freaking crazy mother (she's insane, Greg) and his parents' totallypsycho marriage.
但是我知道那是因為他那瘋子老媽(她瘋了,格雷格),他父母病態(tài)婚姻的緣故。
I'm so ignoring him because I know he's going to figure out soon enough that I'm not hismother and he will some day ask me to marry him.
我完全無視他,因為我知道他早晚會明白我不是他媽媽,他遲早有一天會向我求婚。
Besides, I'm not ready for marriage right now, anyway.
而且,我也還沒準備好結婚。
Signed Nikki
尼基
Dear Nikki, It's a shame you're not ready to marry Mr. Music Video Spielberg, because you guysseem to have all the building blocks of a great and long lasting relationship.
親愛的尼基,很遺憾你還沒有準備好嫁給音樂電視斯皮爾伯格導演先生,因為你們看起來已經擁有了進行一場偉大而又長久的戀情的基石。
But seriously, I love guys that tell their women unequivocally that they don't believe inmarriage.
但是嚴肅地說,我很喜歡你們男人毫不含糊的告訴女人們自己不相信婚姻。
I mean, it's not like they're giving anyone a hint or anything.
我是說,他們并不是在提供線索什么的。
Listen, Nikki. This guy isn't walking down the aisle any time soon unless he's picking up anMTV Music Video Award.
聽著,尼基。這家伙并不打算走入婚姻殿堂,除非他贏得一個MTV音樂電視獎。
But feel free to keep reminding him that you're not his mother.
但是請隨意提醒他你并不是他媽媽。
In fact, make sure you nag him about it repeatedly, over and over again. He'll really love that.
事實上,確保在他面前嘮叨一遍又一遍,他一定會很喜歡的。
Greg
格雷格
It's a really big deal for a good guy to finally meet the woman he wants to spend the rest of hislife with.
一個好男人遇上一個愿意共度余生的女人是一件大事。
Chances are, if he truly knows it, he's not going to immediately tell her that the idea of legallyspending the rest of their lives together is repugnant to him.
機會是,如果他真的知道,他不打算立即告訴她他討厭與對方在法律保障下共度余生。
I'm just saying.
我只是說說而已。
It's So Simple
顯而易見
What's the big, nasty, awful shame, ladies?
有什么是大的,難受的,糟糕的恥辱呢,女士們?
It's okay to want to get married.
想結婚很正常。
And it's okay to ask someone if they see themselves being married, or if they see themselvesbeing married to you.
問別人是否愿意結婚,或者是否愿意跟你結婚也沒什么問題。
Let me remind you: There are many, many men out there who want to be and are gettingmarried; that's why there's so many florists, priests, and taffeta-makers.
讓我提醒你:外頭有很多男人等著結婚,這就是為什么有大把的花商,牧師和塔夫綢制造者存在的原因。
P.S. : Don't spend your time on and give your heart to any guy who makes you wonder aboutanything related to his feelings for you.
附注:不要把時間和真心花在一個你需要懷疑他對你感情的人身上。